There are many different treatment types for spinal conditions, depending on the specific condition and its severity.
Some common treatment types include:
Conservative treatment is often the first line of treatment for spinal conditions. It can include:
- Rest:Resting the spine can help to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Medication:Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, can help to manage pain and inflammation. Prescription pain medications may also be used in some cases.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to strengthen the muscles around the spine and improve flexibility. This can help to reduce pain and improve function.
- Injections: Injections of corticosteroids or other pain medications can help to reduce inflammation and pain.
Surgery may be recommended for spinal conditions that do not respond to conservative treatment. Some common surgical procedures include:
- Spinal fusion:Spinal fusion is a procedure in which two or more vertebrae are fused together. This can help to stabilise the spine and reduce pain.
- Discectomy: Discectomy is a procedure in which part of a herniated disc is removed. This can help to relieve pressure on the nerves and reduce pain.
- Disc replacement: Disc replacement is a procedure in which a damaged disc is replaced with an artificial disc. This can help to restore function and reduce pain.
- Decompression (cervical and lumbar): Decompression surgery is a procedure in which the spinal canal is widened. This can help to relieve pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
- Insertion of interspinous spacers: Interspinous spacers are small devices that are inserted between the vertebrae to widen the spinal canal and relieve pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
- Deformity correction: Deformity correction surgery is a procedure to correct a deformed spine. This can include surgery to correct scoliosis, kyphosis, or lordosis.
Which Treatment Is Right For You?
The best treatment for you will depend on the specific condition and its severity. Your doctor will work with you to develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
Schedule An Appointment Today
At London Norwich Spine, your well-being is our top priority and we are focussed on enhancing your quality of life through the appropriate treatment of your back condition.Make An Appointment